Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Spirit Wings

Today i was chatting with miranda and we just so happen to talk about old hymn songs and i just got reminded of this hymn i used to sing.. i could never find it in mp3 form and have only sung it once.. but it impacted me alot... its called spirit wings and it was written by a quadriplegic named Joni..

The song is just wonderful. it reminds me of my past and what i should do when all odds are against me.

Could onli find a Utube version of it.. enjoy =p



SPIRIT WINGS

Some birds live in cages
They never learn to fly
And like those birds, I never found my wings
But Lord, your love released me
So I could see the sky
And now my heart rejoices as I sing

Spirit Wings,
You lift me over all the earth bound things
And like a bird, my heart is flying free
I'm soaring on the song your spirit brings
O Lord of all, You let me see
A vision of, your majesty
You lift me up
And carry me on your spirit wings

Now when I'm feeling lonely
I just look at You
And soon my heart is soaring high above
Everything is clearer
From Your point of view
Lifted up on spirit wings of love

No comments: