Thursday, December 14, 2006

Singlish is wrong.. funny..and Singaporean

K.. i just talked to Ruth my cousin in the States.. and it was all nice catching up till i went singlish on her.. she laughed her ass off.. she was going.. U SAID LA!!! WAHAHAHA THATS SOO FUNNY!!.. then when she tried it herself obviously she LA'ed at the wrong part of the sentence something along the lines of... "Haha la.. its so funny... (ZOMG NOOB ALERT)" but cant blame her.. she grew up in the states all her life.

but i mean making fun of my american cousin is not the main point here (but yea i gotta admit.. its funny) ... it dawned on me... im a singlish addict... no matter how politically correct i am in english.. it all flies out the window once i relax and talk to ppl that i am comfortable with... LA, LOR, SIANZ and etc come out... in fact.. when i was doin my team project with my australian friend thomas... eric and me taught him how to speak singlish... considering i spoke it all my life.. its just so natural for me.. for us from the asian region to speak and understand it.. but then when it came down to thomas, he told us it was like learning another language... and in the end after a few laughs we kinda just gave up..
this topic has been debated upon so many umpteen times.. and finally to put all questions at rest... i FINALLY came out with one conclusive answer!!.. YES! singlish is another language.. not a variant of english but a totally different language.. something like.. why japanese characters have chinese words in them but is a totally different language!! and also i can proudly write down tat i know more languages than i tot i knew! kewl rite! v(O_O)v

*side note*
Robbie is here in Brissy which leads me to wonder why Shing went to Sydney to see him.. can anyone tell me why?? hahaha anyways.. IM GOING MELB TOMORROW!!! WOOT haha *laughs at cass* stay tuned for Sean in Melby~

No comments: