Friday, December 4, 2009

My Cup Overflows

Indeed my cup overflows. As some of you may know, i actually started work at One Fullerton on Monday. I have to praise God, and also thank a few people like Lay Keng and Huimin who helped me get this job.

At first Lay Keng told me that it was gonna be an $8/hr job~ and there i was prancing around like a madman cos it is considered quite high for a part time job. Then another sms came from my employer, who smsed me saying that he was gonna pay $10/hr.. i couldnt believe my eyes and rejoiced even more. But little did i know there was more to come~

I always remembered this verse that i read on Lemuel's wall when i went into his room. Matt 5:41: If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles and it stuck on me for a long time. After the first night, i couldnt sleep at all and i started to do 2 things, one which i would not devulge as of yet, the other was God challenging me with Matt 5:41.

The next morning i went to work early at 7.30 and did abit of quiet time before starting to work. I actually got convicted to email my boss telling him that he was paying me too much and that if it was alright, i would go an hour earlier to work and he need not pay me for that extra hour and if it was alright to take a 2 hr break on mondays to go for prayer. He replied thanking me for my support and told me no problem!! but the best was yet to come.

I always believe in doing my best when under authority, just as Joseph was to Potiphar, i wanted to be diligent in what i do as a man under authority and yet still be able to uphold God's standards. Then today, my colleague told me that we were gonna be paid by the volume of work that we do!!

i was shocked honestly, it meant that whatever i sowed for the 1 extra hour everyday which i meant to just honour God and to help my Boss abit more actually produced a blessing which i did not even ask for or expected! Because of the extra 1 hr i put in everyday and doing my job diligently, i have done almost 2 times the amount of work that my fellow colleagues have!! so it means that i would be paid almost 2 times more as well!!

But in all this, it really wasn't me at work. I was just faithful in doing what i believed in and God gave the increase. And where there's sowing, so is there harvesting. So just like Abel gave the first fruits of his harvest, so will i honour God with my first fruits as well.

you might think that i might be starting from zero if i gave all i earned~ but i think the last verse of the Desert Song really sums up why i do it.

Verse 4
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favour and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

To God be the Glory =)

1 comment:

jonyee said...

Seansean! I'm glad for you! And awesome testimony. Yeah i need to learn to be more hardworking at work :(
Thanks for that encouragement