Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mummy's day special

Happy mothers day mom~!

today while in church service, i heard a story bout a little boy that came to his mum with a list of things he did, for everything on the list he did.. he asked his mum for monetary rewards. his mum then took the list from him and wrote at the back of it.. all the things she did for him and wrote free of charge for everything then she said to her son 'u see.. the love i gave to u.. is free of charge' after saying that the son went to his mum and gave her a big hug saying into her ear.. could i still get 5 dollars from u anyway?

heh the last part was a little comic relief but the gist of the story was to show how much mums endure to give us a better life yet not complaining about it (or not openly complaining about it) like in proverbs 31:10-31.. i call the woman in that passage.. the domestic general.. and in my life i have one as well.. my own mum is a domestic general.

She mite not be everything tat is stated in that passage but shes the closest thing i know that its that description and i honestly thank god i have a mum like that. i made a list after hearing that story on what i wanted to thank my mum for so far and i came up with :

For carrying me around for 9 mths
For changing my nappy when i couldnt
For enduring my cries at 3am
For feeding/playing with me nontheless
For loving me with all your heart
For teaching me
For disciplining me when i did wrong
For cooking for me
For doing my laundry
For listening to my problems
For giving me hugs when i need them the most
For nagging at me
For forgiving me when i did u wrong
For providing me with a better life
For enduring all the hardship
For being a friend, a parent and a mentor all in one
For praying for me all the time
For making me into the man i am today
and lastly,
For being my Mum

Ure the best mum any Sean could ever possibly have and i wouldnt trade u for anything in the world. Thank u God for mum... and Thank u mum.. for being u

No comments: