Friday, August 19, 2011

You give them something to eat

A note to myself:

For some reason Matt 14:10-20 jumped right out at me while i was driving back home today. People mostly know this passage to be Jesus feeding the 5 thousand and normally i wouldnt have taken notice of this passage either having read it countless times... till today that is..

I think there are times in our lives we feel that we are never capable enough to do things because of the lack that we have, being ability or talent and thats when we "taichi" the problem to either someone else or propose another solution to the problem that doesnt require u to face the problem itself. The scrptire tells us that the disciples wanted to send the crowd off so as to get their food but Jesus replied and said :

“They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”

Which then the disciples replied "we only have 5 loaves and 2 fishes"

This is what struck me... The poor, the destitute, the murderer, the thrash of society are out there and more often than not, we walk past them as though they were invisible. I know i am lacking in alot of areas... and if given a chance to do something for God, i would rather let someone who is more capable than me do it or try as much as possible not to face this situation but when Jesus said "They do not need to go away. YOU give them something to eat" it hit me...i felt that the words were literally targeting me The little that I have which represents the 5 loaves and 2 fish is enuff in the hands of God! Logically speaking it is impossible to feed 5000 with only that much but Jesus used it nontheless and fed everyone till there was surplus.

I feel so called to help the lost and the hopeless. I just pray that God will use me and what little i have. Dunt you ever forget this Sean ... this is to remind u, should u ever lose your focus.

God bless,
Past Sean

No comments: