Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Where is compassion?

I just want to affirm everyone that really chipped in to help out with Haiti, during the course of the past 2 weeks, many people have donated money to Haiti because the earthquake that happened killed so many people. But on our own shore in Singapore, there is just as bad a disaster that is happening.

Through the six mths ive been in Singapore countless elderly or handicapped people have come up to me to provide me a service by selling tissue papers or keychains. And as usual i brush them off just as i did because.. i didnt need the tissue paper/keychain. But how is it that i can donate to Haiti but turn a blind eye to the needy people right before me, how could i have been so blind to the fact that they are just as much in need as those people halfway round the world.

Where is my compassion..

No comments: